Monsoon health: 5 essential tips to combat fungal infections
Monsoon is a season loved by many for its refreshing showers and cool breeze. However, along with the rain, this season brings with it a host of health concerns, particularly fungal infections. The increased moisture and humidity during monsoon create an ideal breeding ground for fungi, leading to various skin and nail infections. To stay fit and healthy during this season, here are five essential tips to combat fungal infections.
Keep your skin dry:Excessive moisture can lead to fungal growth on the skin. Make sure to dry yourself thoroughly after getting wet in the rain. Pay special attention to areas that are prone to fungal infections, such as between the toes, under the breasts, and in the groin region. Use a soft towel to dry these areas gently and effectively.
Wear breathable clothing:Opt for loose-fitting, breathable fabrics like cotton and linen. These materials allow air circulation, keeping your skin dry and preventing fungal infections. Avoid wearing tight or synthetic clothing, as they trap moisture and increase the risk of fungal growth.
Maintain personal hygiene:Good personal hygiene plays a crucial role in preventing fungal infections. Take a shower with an antifungal soap regularly, especially after getting drenched in the rain. Keep your nails short and clean to avoid fungal infections in the nail bed. Avoid sharing personal items like towels and clothes to minimize the risk of infection.
Use antifungal powders:Dusting antifungal powders, particularly in areas prone to excessive sweating, can help keep the skin dry and inhibit fungal growth. Apply powder between your toes, under the breasts, and in the groin area to reduce moisture and maintain hygiene. Choose powders that contain ingredients like clotrimazole or miconazole for effective protection.
Stay hydrated and eat a balanced diet:Drinking an adequate amount of water helps flush out toxins from the body and keeps your skin healthy. Additionally, consuming a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals boosts your immune system, making it more resilient against fungal infections. Include foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and probiotics in your diet to strengthen your body's defense mechanisms.
Also read:Madonna postpones tour after suffering ‘serious’ bacterial infection; know all about the condition
- in finding any place to pitch our tents, for it was spring-tide,
- Davis Cup: Bopanna
- Vistara cancels, reschedules several flights in February; passengers complain
- Son, Leo reason behind Victoria Azarenka wearing a PSG shirt at Australian Open
- and the land was wooded down to the water’s edge. In
- Assam HS Result 2021: AHSEC Class 12 result RELEASED at ahsec.assam.gov.in
- Novak Djokovic will miss Miami Open over COVID
- Rafael Nadal, Iga Swiatek named ITF world champions after stellar 2022 season
- to sleep, rose and wandered out into the garden. The Hon.
- Novak Djokovic loses to fellow Serb Dusan Lajovic for first time in 11 years
- With win over world number 2 Carlos Alcaraz, distance
- Jessica Pegula falls to Petra Kvitova but U.S. off to winning start in United Cup
- his boys had deserted, for a hunting party from the bungalow
- Uttarakhand Polls: Congress promises 40 percent women in police force
- Badosa, Tomljanovic out of Australian Open with injuries
- Chennai Open ATP Challenge: Novak Djokovic prodigy Medjedovic making rapid strides
- and ran like a hare, her yellow silk dress gleaming in
- How Coco Gauff took up boxing to get better at tennis
- Watch: Roger Federer, Trevor Noah come together for Swiss tourism commercial
- Alcaraz and Norrie advance to Rio Open final, eye rematch
- And thus matters stood when, one hot night, Meriem, unable
- We never exerted any kind of pressure on Sania to win: Father Imran Mirza
- Djokovic back in Australia ahead of Open – report
- Carlos Alcaraz relishing Zverev rematch in Madrid
- fit, often wandering along in the great flower garden that
- Carlos Alcaraz beats Tsitsipas to clinch back
- Andreescu beats Muguruza at Adelaide International
- Shut up and play’: Medvedev hopes to cut out on
- the gunpowder was wanted for making a noise on their saint
- Andy Murray keen to play French Open despite early Paris clay exits
- Rafael Nadal fighting time, and an ailing hip, to get another crack at history
- ‘I was sad most days’: Rafael Nadal says he is not thinking about retirement yet
- Max realized that he must lower his head if he would follow.
- Taylor Fritz, Madison Keys give US 2
- Tsitsipas sends cheeky invite to actress Margot Robbie after reaching semis
- Davis Cup: India relegated to World Group 2 as Holger Rune, Denmark stamp their class
- Korak fast was becoming but a memory. That he was dead
- Australian Open semifinals: Rybakina
- Women’s tennis tour ends Peng Shuai
- Carlos Alcaraz, Iga Swiatek emerge as worthy World No. 1s after bizarre year in tennis
- Obviously, the tide was rising; and, after seeking vainly
- Rafael Nadal to miss Madrid Open after recovery setback
- Australian Open 2023: Rybakina beats No. 1 Swiatek to reach quarterfinals
- Rublev overcomes Tsitsipas to reach ATP semis in Turin
- and phlox that drew him to the perfumed air of the garden,
- Novak Djokovic receives warm welcome in Melbourne return
- Czech pair wins Australian Open doubles for 7th major title
- Djokovic says deportation drama paved way to success
- He paused for a moment, hoping to be able to lower the
- Perfectionist Pegula breezing through Australian Open so far