Awesome One finally comes good16 March 2023 12:00 AM OUR TURF CORRESPONDENT
Aashay Doctor trained-Awesome One (Akshay Kumar-up) claimed the 1xbet Metropolitan, the feature event here in Wednesday's card. Monfortino (Hindu Singh) set a scorching pace in the race but Akshay had the 2/1 favourite settled last of the five runners. Gradually improving places, thereafter as Monfortino shot his bolt entering the final stretch
Calcutta:Aashay Doctor trained-Awesome One (Akshay Kumar-up) claimed the 1xbet Metropolitan, the feature event here in Wednesday's card. Monfortino (Hindu Singh) set a scorching pace in the race but Akshay had the 2/1 favourite settled last of the five runners. Gradually improving places, thereafter as Monfortino shot his bolt entering the final stretch.
It was easy for the consistent eight- year-old who soon took charge to score a long overdue win. Anastasia (Neeraj Rawal) finished second while Tactical Command (Dhanu Deora) placed third. Incidentally, Awesome One was the lone favourite to score in the seven event card.
The Queen's Court Plate – a race for maidens three-year-olds, witnessed the biggest upset on the day when trainer Daniel David friendless runner, Twenty Six Black (app Alex Rozario), got the better of the fancied duo of Jamaica (Neeraj Rawal) and Acantha (Akshay) to score a gusty victory. Sweet Legacy (Hindu Singh) finished with a rattle to finish an impressive third, ahead of her tiring stable-mate, Acantha.
Patrick Quinn was the lone schooler to score a brace in the afternoon’s seven-event card. In the Golden Can Handicap, over 1100m, Suraj Shaw's Ahren (Dhanu Deora) was a strong public choice. However it was Patrick Quinn's long shot Dubai Bay (Nikhil Naidu) who won the race.
The horse picked up the momentum from mid-bunch to sail past the favourite for an easy victory. Another less fancied runner, Eastside (app Rozario), a Daniel David-trained runner, rallied late from tail end, to also get the measure of the long-time leader, Ahren, for the second berth.
Patrick's Thousand Words (app Prathvi Singh) was well supported in the Misty Melody Handicap, over 1100 meters. The 7/4 favourite attempted to win the race from start, but the apprentice lost control of the horse rounding the home turn.
The horse drifted out alarmingly to finish on outer rails. In a dash for the finish, Bharath Singh's Senturion (app Hasib Alam) won the race. The 8/1 chance in the betting was at the tail-end of the field but got the right openings in the straight to score from the late finishing Morning Star (app Rosario) who opted for a circuitous route. Thousand words finished third.
The Bid For Gold Handicap, over 1400m, was also picked up by Patrick’s Dubai Star (Sujit Paswan), who had advertised his fitness in last start, easily got the better of the front running Tycoonist (Hindu Singh) and last outing winner Agostino Carracci (H. Rahul) in final 200meters.
The day began with Arti Doctor trained-Sea Dragon (Hindu Singh-up), an 8/1 shot gaining his maiden victory. However, the winner faced a strong challenge from Lightinthesky (Sujit Paswan) and Copper (Rupal Singh). The strongly fancied Daddy's Dream (Akshay), from Vikash Jaiswal’s stable, performed poorly.
The concluding event witnessed one of the closest finish of the season. In an open betting affair, the top three fancied runners flashed past the post almost abreast, with Harvinder Bath's recent import from Bangalore, Banksy (Neeraj Rawal-up), managing to nose out the top-weight runner, Roka (Akshay Kumar) while short head further behind was Mandela (Hindu Singh). The race was a fitting tribute to the handicapper as the first five runners placed in less than two lengths behind the winner.
- The wide heavens about her seemed to promise a greater
- for you create only half a universe. And you cannot even
- all human relationships are sacred ground. It is why every
- it is too late to cause it to mean nothing. Your task now
- before. For what was he waiting, or for whom? He heard
- When you catch yourself thinking negative thoughts—thoughts
- Yea, let all those who have ears to hear, listen. For I
- I’ve searched for the path to God all my life— I know
- before. For what was he waiting, or for whom? He heard
- not a “spanking,” by the way, this is just a statement
- problems, we dare not solve all the prob-lems, or there
- has had to do with how well the other lived up to your
- Max realized that he must lower his head if he would follow.
- you. And when you tried to explain your sense of peace,
- to have. A nice home, some decent clothes, enough food.
- is only a knowing that you are already there. There is
- his fingers, right and left, and presently found slimy
- you create is a statement of Who You Are-and Who You Want
- God of My Fathers,” he called. “God of my God, deign
- the answer I’d like to see, and the answer I’m seeing.
- and the land was wooded down to the water’s edge. In
- I tell you this: You always get what you create, and you
- I might add, against every natural tendency I am supposed
- at what shape the world is in. Clearly, you’ve missed
- a pound of sugar or an ordinary knife. No individual possessed
- you look to what is best for you in these situations where
- the space of your experience the highest and best idea
- don’t have any money”—that dic-tates how long you
- all the inhabitants came down to the beach to see us pitch
- a day must die of hunger. There are no good reasons. Yet
- Relationships are constantly challenging; constantly calling
- and tornados and hurricanes and all man-ner of natural
- and he pulled up short, for, instinctively, he knew that
- butchers, the bakers, the, candlestick makers—are also
- joy, that to your soul this would be hell. But I tell you
- willing to assert, acknowledge, and declare exactly how
- For three weeks Hanson had remained. During this time he
- created it—to so impact the world that all might come
- Everyone says that! Everyone says that! It’s driving
- Be. It does not reflect you. It does not represent you.
- the moving ray. Inhaling sibilantly, Max leaped after her.
- But even Jesus healed the sick. Why would he heal them
- way,” or “Hang in there,” or “Please don’t leave
- are Mine and which have come from another source, the only
- and the girl's mind was in such a turmoil that she had
- just as the parts of Itself which are seen began to define
- a lower form of life (even though animals act with more
- bodies look alike (although God can adopt whatever physical
- Korak fast was becoming but a memory. That he was dead
- And know that what you do in the time of your greatest