Sawan 2023: 5 tips to keep in mind while fasting during Shravan somwar
The arrival of the monsoon brings with it the delightful aroma of fresh earth after the first rainfall. It heralds a time of romanticized rainy days and savoring hot snacks. Additionally, according to the Hindu calendar, this period is known as the month of Shrawan, a holy month for harvest and agriculture during which devotees pay homage to Lord Shiva. Every Monday of the month is observed as a day of fasting.
Here are 7 tips for maintaining a healthy fasting routine during the month of Sawan in 2023:
Fasting is often considered a healthy approach to dietary practices, although its suitability varies among individuals. To ensure a balanced fasting experience, it is recommended to have frequent meals in small portions. This helps prevent overeating later on.
- Hydration is crucial for overall well-being. Fasting does not mean starving oneself, and during a period of irregular eating, it is important to keep the body hydrated. Drinking water and consuming sufficient fluids is essential. Dehydration can lead to lethargy and decreased energy levels. Electrolytes should also be replenished adequately.
- Combining vegetables and potatoes can provide a good balance of fiber and starch, offering sustained energy and keeping the stomach satiated for longer periods.
- When it comes to snacking, opt for healthier choices. Avoid fried foods and instead choose fruits and nutritious snacks like makhane (fox nuts).
- Getting a good night's sleep is extremely important as it allows the body to heal and recover from daily stress. Sufficient sleep also helps reduce hunger pangs.
- When experiencing mild hunger between meals, incorporate more nuts and nutrient-rich foods into your diet.
- Limiting salt and spice intake is advisable during fasting. Instead, opt for healthy beverages like herbal teas to enhance the fasting experience.
Also read:Sawan Somvar 2023: Puja vidhi, subh muhurat, mantra, more
- In the afternoon we paid our respects to the governor —
- girl, Cindy Arnold. The play was a big success, largely
- and try to get the band to play pieces exactly as I thought
- early affirmative action program!). Still, I was worried.
- designs to a successful conclusion. One party he moved
- and owns, among other things, twelve car dealerships in
- him get the job done. It was the first large organizational
- away. We were all sure he would be the first person our
- the leadership of each to men whom he believed that he
- wheel, which promptly broke in half. Luckily, no one was
- wanted to go, and I applied only there: the Georgetown
- apathy, ignorance, and rejection so that our generation
- she had come to believe, since otherwise he would have
- at the time I wanted to become a senator, but deep down
- official. I loved music and thought I could be very good,
- I ever heard. He was always wonderful to me. James White
- December 1st. — We steered for the island of Lemuy. I
- storage. The guns still fired, and remnants of the arsenal
- was in 1961, but I was determined to get better. That year
- In 1992, when Bill was living in Connecticut, he contacted
- in water. He just managed to get in under the sluice gate
- of us, so he told him to go ahead. Jim then proceeded to
- into the foreign service and I had never even seen the
- our bodies capacity to turn food into energy and process
- resting the electric lamp upon one of the little ebony
- to the bright showroom in front, which was only large enough
- from Georgetown arrived. I was happy, but by then Id begun
- to the Washington area, where she went to work for, and
- either a watch or a clock; and an old man who was supposed
- and not nearly as badly as when the ram had almost butted
- the courses I could. I was not very good in Dick Duncans
- but she was a tough little girl with that total lack of
- said that his boys were resting and gaining strength after
- Larry Taunton the whole week of Boys Nation. Im glad that,
- it was improbable, but isnt that what America is all about?
- A couple of weeks later, I started my senior year in high
- our tents. They were very civil, and offered us a house;
- for a drive to Bauxite, a town near Benton named for the
- which was held over several days every year in Hot Springs.
- which I was especially proud. I loved to read the scores
- good old blooms of northern Europe which My Dear had so
- that when, at twenty-two, he became the youngest member
- its tracks, apparently to see what was showing on the big
- of July at the University of Maryland in College Park,
- her arms, and laughed shrilly, insanely. Then she turned
- dances at the Y, ice cream at Cooks Dairy, and barbeque
- of his dream for America. In rhythmic cadences reminiscent
- with 100 percent name recognition, he was a lock cinch
- resources were at an end; it must be another's work to
- lines for them, the words still full of power for me, a